Inter Getting Closer to First UCL Final Since 2010 : Inter Milan last played in the UEFA Champions League final in the 2009/10 season where Jose Mourinho led a group of quality players such as Samuel Eto’o , Javier Zanetti , Diego Milito , Goran Pandev , Walter Samuel and Sulley Muntari to an historic treble.
Inter defeated city rivals AC Milan by 2-0 on Wednesday with goals from Edin Dzeko and former Borrusia Dortmund and Manchester United playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Dzeko struck in the 8th minute to put Inter ahead thanks to an assist by Hakan Calhanoglu.
Three minutes later the Armenia international Mkhitaryan made it 2-0 as Inter put up a solid performance in the first halt to dominate their rivals.
Inter Milan Player Ratings against AC Milan :
1. GK Andre Onana: 6/10 : He didn’t have much to do in this match, but was attentive to the few times he was asked. Onana also excelled in his kicking game, allowing his team to restart properly without panicking even in their most difficult times in the game.
2. Matteo Darmian: 6/10 : Criticized before the match, even by many supporters, as one of the “weak” links in this team, Matteo Darmian chose his moment to set the record straight. The Italy international showed seriousness in containing ACM’s incursions and adapted very well even switching from right centre-back to left piston in this game.
3. Francesco Acerbi: 7/10 : Rough, Acerbi was able to impose his physique in this part and in particular against striker Olivier Giroud in the field. Always on the limit in his interventions no doubt but nevertheless he imposed his authority and even tried to sound the revolt by his climbs in a second period when Inter went down in speed.
4. Alessandro Bastoni: 6/10 : Bastoni lives up to his name and he’s always there when it comes to brawling a bit. Nevertheless, the Inter defender also made his character speak to contain the Milanese assaults. Always a top defender.
5. Denzel Dumfries: 5/10 : Perhaps one of the less prominent men on the Inter team. He escaped a yellow card in the first half after several borderline interventions. His technical quality also proved to be below that offered by his teammates.
6. Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 7.5/10 : What a match from the Armenian international! And what volume of play! Mkhitaryan looked everywhere at once in this Madoninna derby. Omnipresent in recovery, just in his transmissions and his projections, he even offered himself the luxury of concluding the big start of his side by scoring the second goal.
7. Hakan Calhanoglu: 7/10 : The Turk did what is expected of him the most, to be decisive with his quality of foot. First by assisting the opener with a corner kick superbly taken to find the foot of Dzeko (8th).
But above all, the Inter sentinel was one of the great architects of the overwhelming domination of the Inter players in the midfield who left only crumbs to their opponents in the midfield.
He could even have scored to make it 3-0 after a quarter of an hour if his superb shot hadn’t hit Mike Maignan’s post.
8. Nicolo Barella: 6.5/10 : Like his other teammates in midfield , Barella simply did Barella stuff. The Italian midfielder lived up to expectations and what he showed in the previous rounds. Above the lot technically, he helped Inter to win most of the midfield battle.
9. Federico Dimarco: 6.5/10 : In line with his teammates, quite simply Dimarco helped them control the game, in addition to providing an assist on Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s second goal (11th minute) before the break.
10. Lautaro Martinez: 6.5/10 : This guy can do almost anything. The Argentinian striker was omnipresent, especially in the first half, and made the AC Milan defenders dizzy by flaunting his full technical qualities.
Lautaro showed his ability to fit into spaces and to easily embed himself in the surface. That was a great game by El Toro.
11. Edin Dzeko: 7/10 : The Bosnian international typically did everything expected of him. The Inter striker launched his own game with a fox volley in the area from a corner kick taken by by Hakan Çalhanoğlu in the 8th minute.
Send us your stories and breaking news to email@example.com
Leave a Reply